The protection of your personal data is very important to us. As far as we collect, process or use personal information about you as part of the services provided, this is done so under the relevant German and European data protection laws. We use personal information you actively provide us (e.g. at registration) for the implementation of our services.
We collect the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail, aggregate information on what pages consumers access or visit, and information volunteered by the consumer (such as survey information and/or site registrations). The information we collect is used to improve the content of our Web pages and the quality of our service, and is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
– It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
Collection and Use of Data
– Type of user agent (web browser) used, software manufacture and version number.
– Type of operating system
– Screen colors (color processing ability of the users screen)
– Flash version
– Screen resolution
– Network location and IP address
– Can include country, city, state, region, county, or any other geographic data.
– Bandwidth (internet connection speed)
– Time of visit
– Pages visited
– Time spent on each page of the website
– Referring site statistics
– The website (URL) the user came through in order to arrive at this website (example: clicking on a hyperlink from Yahoo.com that took the user to this website)
– Search engine query used (example: typing in a phrase into a search engine like Google, and clicking on a link from that search engine) This data is primarily used to optimize our website for our visitors, however we will use this data for marketing purposes. This data DOES NOT include any personalized identification information such as: Names; Phone Numbers; Email Addresses; Mailing Addresses; Social Security Numbers; Bank Account Numbers; Credit Card Information
Information Gathering and Usage
When you register for Hike Pro services we ask for information such as your name, company name, email address, billing address, billing information. Hike uses collected information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, and research.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive.Cookies may be required to use the Hike service.
Hike uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run Hike. Although Hike owns the code, databases, and all rights to the Hike application, you retain all rights to your data.
Hike may disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas or when your actions violate the Terms of Service. We sometimes rely on outside companies and service providers with which we contract for the provision of services, for example in the areas of sending advertising material (only if you have given your express consent), the settlement of payments (PayPal), the storage of your data, and customer service. In such cases, information is disclosed to these companies or individuals in order to enable them to process it further. We carefully select these outside service providers and review them regularly to ensure that your privacy is protected. The service providers may not use the data except for the purposes we specify. In addition, the service providers are contractually bound by us to handle your data only as provided in this Data Protection Declaration and the German data protection laws. As our business continues to develop, the structure of Hike Social Apps GbR will be altered in the form of a change of legal form or the establishment, purchase, or sale of subsidiaries, divisions, or components. In transactions of this nature, the customer information is transferred along with the part of the company that is transferred. In any disclosure of personal data to third parties in the scope described above, Hike will ensure that this occurs in accordance with this Data Protection Declaration and the relevant data protection laws.
We reserve the right to make changes to this Data Protection Declaration. You can always access the current version of the Data Protection Declaration at www.wearehike.com/privacy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by placing a prominent notice on our services.
Right of Information and Correction
Naturally, you have the right to obtain information concerning the data about you that is stored by Hike. You also have the right to correct incorrect data and to have data frozen or deleted. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the above address by postal mail.
Effective Date: July 1, 2011